Ciao Charleston!

The final days before you cast off the dock lines are a hectic mess. Always. We have been prepping the boat and ourselves here in Charleston for the last four months, but somehow our to-do lists seem to grow…not shrink. And when you finally get a weather window and and potential departure date, hold on!

The boat is as clean as she probably ever will be and we have enough food onboard to feed us for months without ever setting foot ashore. Safety gear is rigged and checked. Weather has been analyzed and routes plotted. Hammy the Hamster is trying to gnaw through the dock lines to move us to warmer temperatures. His spot by the window has a great view, but he is ready for something a little more tropical.

We plan to set sail tomorrow, Monday November 27th. We are going to sail south along the coast and then hang a left to head toward the Bahamas if we get the winds for it. Otherwise we’ll drop the hook in south Florida and wait for the next chance to cross the Gulf Stream. Our LOCATION will be updated as we sail along.

Here we go!

Getting Ready to GO!

We’re now currently waiting on weather to leave Charleston and head south for warmer weather. We plan to bring Captain Kevin with us and head south along the coast and cross to the Bahamas leaving sometime around November 25th, weather permitting.

In the meantime, we’re having some fun with the new Dinghy while we prepare…